- Test receiver and modulator rolled into one
- RF recording with 1.6 MHz bandwidth
- Can be combined with software components of the DAB-XPlorer family
- COFDM modulator for simultaneous generation of up to four DAB blocks
- GPS receiver integrated
- Gigabit Ethernet interface
- Recording and analysing DAB signals
- Capturing of ETI ﬁles from on-air signals
- Coverage measuring
- SFN analysis
- COFDM modulator for receiver testing
The DABRF device was developed as core component of the tunnel break-in system, MAGIC TBR, that, in the event of a disaster, allows to supply a street tunnel with live warning messages via digital radio.
All digital signal processing functions are implemented in one powerful DSP and one FPGA. A Gigabit Ethernet interface and 512 MByte internal memory enable a wide-band connection between the DABRF and a PC or other external system components. The so created device is versatile and suitable for other applications as well.
In particular the DABRF replaces the established DAB test receiver, UEB400-DXP, within the DAB-XPlorer family. The DABRF offers great extensions of the powerful analysis tools of the DAB-XPlorer suite. It will support the already known functions:
- Recording of ETI data streams from a
- received on-air signal
- Multiplex analysis
- Coverage measuring with bit error rates and RF level,
- SFN analysis
Additionally, it will enable the following new functions to be realized by software extensions:
- RF recording in form of I/Q samples at a bandwidth of 1.6 MHz
- Replay of the recorded RF signal with a high dynamic range
- Simultaneous COFDM modulation of up to four different ETI or EDI data streams to four DAB blocks laying within a 37 MHz wide RF band
- Advanced RF analysis of the received signal, i.e. MER, inband spectrum, constellation diagram, channel impulse response etc.