- Analysis of DAB multiplex on ETI, EDI and RDI signal
- Modular system consisting of hard- and software tools
- Hardware ETI interface and receiver hardware available
- Measuring of synchronism in SFNs
- Recording of ETI ﬁles from on-air signals via RDI
- ETI analysis for broadcasters
- Transmitter setup
- Coverage measuring
- SFN test
- Test of transmitter components
- Receiver test
The DAB-XPlorer is used for the analysis of data streams in DAB networks. The Ensemble Transport Interface (ETI) according to ETS 300 799 and the Receiver Data Interface (RDI) according to EN 50255 are supported. The DAB-XPlorer allows a continuous real-time monitoring of the transport streams and indicates every alarm during the transmission. Additionally, in parallel to the analysis, a simultaneous recording and playback of complete data streams is possible. If you use this analysing tool with its fast localisation of errors in the transport stream, the operating effort in the DAB programme transmission network will be considerably reduced. Preferably, it is used between Ensemble Multiplexer and COFDM sender.
The DAB-XPlorer is available in two versions:
- USB Software Dongle for EDI input/output
- External USB Adapter for G.703 and SPDIF signals, integrated in a robust aluminium die-casting housing. The adapter is powered via the USB interface. The systems can be controlled via a Windows user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI).